Hi-Temp 200°C High-Frequency Interposer Test & Burn-In Sockets for
BGA, LGA, QFN, MLCC, and Bumped Die Devices
KEY PERFORMANCE ELEMENTS – Series AR4HT
- Aries unique universal socketing system allows the socket to be easily configured for any package, on any pitch (or multiple pitch) from 0.2mm or greater, in any configuration, with little or no tooling charge or extra lead-time.
- For Test & Burn-In of CSP, µBGA, Bump-Array, QFN, QFP, MLF, DFN, SSOP, TSSOP, TSOP, SOP, SOIC, LGA, LCC, PLCC, TO and any SMT package style made. Also can be compatible with PGA packaged devices.
- Quick and Easy Probe Replacement System: the complete set of probes can be removed and a new set (interposer) can be inserted quickly and easily. The old set can be returned to the factory for repair and sent back within one day.
- High-Temperature 200°C (high-frequency bandwidth, low inductance, high-current, reliable, durable).
- Excellent Compliance (shorter than other low-profile contacts) enables reliable ATE testing and burn-in. Excellent choice for low-cost hand test applications.
SILMAT® CONTACT TECHNOLOGY
- It is NOT a cheap conductive rubber sheet.
- It is NOT a prototype or a copy.
- It IS a cost effective, low profile contact structure engineered with specific materials and features to provide electrical and mechanical advantages for high performance applications.
- It IS an innovative, protected, validated and released product with capacity and quality control available to meet existing and emerging customer needs.
- CONTACT LENGTH (compressed): 0.45mm
- PITCH: Released to <0.4mm – Mixed Pitch Available
- PACKAGES: BGA, LGA, QFN, DFN, CSP, POP – Full and Partial Arrays Available
- STRUCTURE: Silmat® Interposer with Patented Core
- INTERPOSER MATERIALS: Ag Particles in Silicone Elastomer with Polyimide Core (patented)
- COMPLIANCE RANGE/TRAVEL: Up to 0.23mm
- CONTACT FORCE/LEAD (initial): 20-30 grams/lead
- OPERATING TEMPERATURE: −55°C to 200°C
- LIFE EXPECTANCY: Silmat® Interposer >10,000 actuations (influenced by introduction of bias to the IC and the plating of IC leads will impact the degradation of the contact performance)
ELECTRICAL (0.5mm pitch)
- BANDWIDTH (frequency response): -1dB at >40GHz
- SELF-INDUCTANCE: 0.10nH
- MUTUAL INDUCTANCE: 0.02nH
- CAPACITANCE TO GROUND: 0.14pF
- MUTUAL CAPACITANCE: 0.01pF
- CONTACT RESISTANCE (initial): <25mΩ
- CURRENT RATING: 4 amps at 14°C heat rise
ALL DIMENSIONS IN INCHES [MILLIMETERS]
CONSULT FACTORY FOR OTHER SIZES & CONFIGURATIONS
ALL TOLERANCES ±0.005 [±0.13] UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED
PRINTOUTS OF THIS DOCUMENT MAY BE OUT-OF-DATE AND SHOULD BE CONSIDERED UNCONTROLLED
CUSTOMIZATION: In addition to the standard products shown on this page, Aries specializes in custom design and production. Special materials, platings, sizes, and configurations can be furnished, depending on quantity. NOTE: Aries reserves the right to change product specifications without notice.
FULL-ARRAY SHOWN AS AN EXAMPLE; YOUR SPECIFIC DEVICE PATTERN/FOOTPRINT WILL BE SUPPLIED WHEN ORDERED.
Download Data Sheet 23026, Rev 1.6